22.2.10

Hoax at work

So this entry is probably like no other, but I am so mad right now that I have to express my rage somewhere (or everywhere I possibly can). Here is why I am so out of my mind right now:
So today at work this man walks into Ceri and claims to be looking for a present for his 58-year-old mother. He walked around asking for my advice, claiming over and over again how good it was to be a "gay and rich man who can just walk around buying clothes for older women". After choosing an outfit of about $4300 (complete with a clutch, a bracelet, two necklaces, a sweater and a cape) he told me his assistant, who supposedly was at Valentino picking up some other things, would come by and pay for everything with her Visa. The stuff was then meant to be shipped to his mother "Marguerite".
What pisses me off the most is the fact that somebody would take the time to walk into a store, kindly shake hands and introduce himself, pretend to be a buyer, pick an outfit, brag about being rich, insist that I take the tip he was going to give me (since I don't get commission) and then just leave me hanging!
Ah! That feels a little better even though I am still secretly hoping that he might walk in later this week and buy everything (he did say he was going to come visit and even asked when I worked there).
Well then.. off to my regular Monday night activities (work, chilling and Brothers & Sisters)

No comments: