22.8.10

It has come to my attention that the absolute --platonic-- love of my life recently got married. Technically speaking Mr Law is not yet married to Sienna, nevertheless, due to an asian ceremony, they are now man and wife. I must say this is depressing. Somewhere in the back of mind, there used to be a miniscule piece of hope that in the future I would become Mrs. Jude Law. ;)
Although considering the possibilities of me meeting --and marrying-- Jude, I guess an asian marriage to Sienna Miller won't set me back that much more.
The on and off love birds tied the knot through the Baci ceremony in Southeast Asia. In this ceremony, done to celebrate many happenings, one of them marriage, the couple are are brought together by a piece of sting attached to their wrists. The piece of string is also connected to several offerings, each representing a quality of marriage. Coconut for purification, bananas for fertility, an egg to call spirits, and sticky rice for solidarity.
In this particular case, the Baci was performed at the Royal Court, where on August 21, Jude and Sienna became husband and wife.
As for the future, the couple is planning a more conventional -- though probably still unique-- wedding in France.

No comments: