23.11.09

Upcoming Movies

You should know that I hate going to the movies. I hate sitting in uncomfortable movie theaters for long periods of time with the occasional smelly hot-dog guy sitting near me. Even if the theatre was all for myself, I still wouldn't like it though, I prefer to sacrifice the big screen, and watch the movie at home. Still, sometimes I do enjoy going out to the movies, spending some time with friends and such. So that said, here are four movies that I want to see (not necessarily in theaters).

1. Everybody's Fine >
Drew Barrymore, Robert DeNiro, Kate Beckinsale, Sam Rockwell.
Comedy about a dad visiting his 3 kids bc they can't come home during their usual holiday
weekend.
Favorite trailer part:
- Prostitute: "Do you want to see my legs?"
- DeNiro: "Do you want to see mine?"
Release date: December 4, 2009

2. Up in the Air > George Clooney, Vera Farmigan, Anna Kendrick, Jason Bateman, Danny McBride.
Clooney works as the person who fires people from other
companies. He travels a lot, and he has to teach a new employee the tips and perks of tra
veling frequently.
Favorite trailer part:
- Clooney: "Bingo. Asians, they pack light, travel efficiently, and they have a thing for slip-on shoes. God love 'em." (advicing her to stand behind them in the airport security line)
- Anna Kendrick: "Thast's racist."
- Clooney: "I'm like my mother, I stereotype. It's faster."
Release date: December 4, 2009

3. It's Complicated > Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, Zoe Kazan and Lake Bell.
Jane and Jake are divorced. They start having and affair. Adam, Jane's architect also plays a role in Jane's life.
Favorite trailer part:
- Streep: "Jo you are so lucky Jerry is dead."
- "Jo": "Thank you."
- Streep: "Yo don't have to bump into him!"
Release date: December 25, 2009

4. Nine > Daniel Day-Lewis, Sophia Loren, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Judi Dench, Marion Cotillard, Fergie, Penelope Cruz, Judi Dench.
Portrays film director Guido Contini's life and struggle to keep balance between his job and the women in his life.
Favorite trailer part:
- Dench: "Directing amovie is a very over-rated job. We all know it. You just have to say 'ye
s and no', what else do you do? Nothing. 'Maestro should this be red? Yes. Green? No. More extras? Yes. More lipstick? No.' Yes. No. Yes. No. That's directing."
Release date: December 25, 2009

No comments: