25.12.09

Merry Christmas!

Christmas eve in Mexico City is the time to mingle with your family, eat loads of food, and drink much too sweet "ponche". The menu at my family's get-together (dad's side) resembles that of a thanksgiving dinner party. Turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, salad, gravy, and the most important: stuffing. Then of course, the punch, wine, champagne, bread rolls, profiteroles and chocolate cake are never missing. After dinner, we all proceed to the pinata, and then presents (which may or may not be done beforehand)
Christmas day however, is quite different. My grandmother (mom's mother) cooks a very yummy ham, focaccia, and chestnut puree. My aunt then brings an pair of delicious deserts acompanied byt tea and coffee.
Will post pictures once my computer lets me upload them (its acting kinda crazy)

No comments: