7.10.09

Jog It Out

Since I am trying to prepare myself for marathon training in future years (maybe very far future) and since I am in a jogging city, I thought I would share my routes. I try to jog about 3 times a week (I am in pre pre-training for marathon!), length depending on my motivation, energy and time. It is a great way to see Boston and enjoy the nice weather (while it lasts). So here are my most common routes, including distance (both in miles and kilometers since I am Mexican!!):
  • Harvard Run > Charles River esplanade from Silber Avenue towards JFK St., cross over to Harvard Sq. at JFK and come back on the other side of the river. Great for Sundays when they close part of Memorial Dr. for pedestrians. Lovely view of the Charles and great way to explore Harvard Sq. 10.6 km (6.25 mi).
  • MIT Run > cross over Mass Ave. Bridge towards MIT and take a right, run along the Charles River (yes it will be a part of most of my routes because it is so pretty) until you reach the Cambridge Bridge. Take another right and run along the esplanade. First I did this run, I got lost around the MIT campus and ended up doing a longer run (also an option). 6.5 km (4.1 mi)

  • Esplanade > run along esplanade towards the Western Ave. bridge and cross it. Run back along the Charles and cross back through Mass. Ave Bridge. It is short, nice, and easily adaptable if your body asks for more (run until either JFK Bridge or the Harvard Pedestrian Bridge) or less (run only until the River St Bridge)! 7.4 km (4.6 mi)
  • Commonwealth Avenue > being one of the most beautiful streets in Boston (at least in my humble opinion), you are bound to keep running with no difficulty at all. Run down Comm Ave (from 575) until you reach the Boston Common (picturesque park) and return via Newbury St. (also a very pretty street, and filled with stores to look at while you jog by). Very easy to make longer or shorter and a great way to explore the city! 5.7 km (3.6 mi)

No comments: