2.10.09

Top 10 College "Yummies"

Here are my favorite snacks, meals, something like that (yummies) since I've lived in Boston. I pretty much live of off these things! (among other things obviously)

1. Corn Muffins (575 Cafe) > talk about addiction! I have found my favorite breakfast item. They are oh-so-very good and every morning (not really) I run down to the Cafe to get one and enjoy it in my room with coffee and fruit! If you ever get a chance, try them!

2. Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt > mid-afternoon and you are starving because you had an early lunch after the COM lecture, what do you do? Have a yogurt! Very good plain or sweetened with Splenda (no after taste). They have other flavors as well, but I haven't tried them yet since I am hooked on this one.

3. Organic Mango (Whole Foods) > Supergood. Supersnack. Naturally Sweet. Full serving of 100% real fruit. Energy packed. Those are some of the advertising phrases on their package (which btw is very cool). Imagine dried fruit without anything else! (if you didn't already know, I am a health freak!). Anyways, I am all for dried fruit (not dry also) and I recently discovered these unsweetened goodies.

4. Raw Almonds > You can find them anywhere and they're a great source of "good fat" whatever that is. I love them frozen so that when you pop them in your mouth they crunch. I will have them mornings, afternoons and nights. A plus: they last a long time in the freezer (o fridge if you don't have a tiny freezer in your mini-fridge).

5. Leek and Goat Cheese Quiche (Petit Robert Bistro) > the first time I ate here I didn't like it so much because of the short dinner menu, but for lunch they have delicious dishes. The quiche is insanely cheese and creamy with a crunchy golden crust. Also, it comes with a side salad so you can still have you greens for lunch!

6. Dark Chocolate M&Ms > I had these before getting to BU, but I hadn't realized how good they are! They have such great taste, sweet crust with dark filling, what more can you ask for? A plus: they come in just the right sized bags enough for sharing or even finishing them off on your own.

7. Sprite Zero > I know this is not at all healthy, but it's good! So refreshing during the afternoon. I love the bubbling in my mouth, although you must have it cold! A plus: makes a great cheyser!

8. Portobello Mushrooms > What did I say when my mother offered these years ago? Ew! How can you eat such a gross-looking thing! Had them about 2 weeks ago in a quesadilla and then with a salad and now I can't stop myself! Try them next time you get a chance even though they still do look kinda weird!

9. Organic Peanut Butter (BU dining halls) > I don't actually know what the brand is but its just the right texture and taste! The best is when it's been in the fridge and it's cold enough to stay on the plastic spoon (originally meant for the ice-cream) but soft enough to lick off slowly!

10. McIntosh Apples > my all-time favorite have always been Granny Smith apples, but I tried this since it was the dining hall option (I never leave the dining hall without a fruit stash) and they are tangy enough to keep eating them daily, but sweet enough to not kill my stomach! Great texture also (I hate not-crunchy apples). A plus: really refreshing if kept in the fridge!

No comments: