31.3.10

"The Last Song" Minus Cyrus

What to do on a gloomy Wednesday afternoon when you are done with classes for the day, gotten all your near-future-due work, and have a friend needing to watch a movie to write a review about? Go to the movies! Add to that the opening of a Nicholas Sparks romance-chick-flick and you have yourself a plan: The Last Song at 12:15 with Amanda.
Despite my great dislike for Miley Cyrus' pout and "all-around" (created) fame, I have to admit that I do indeed watch Hannah Montana on a irregular basis. It i my guilty pleasure for those times when I am not in the mood for a movie or a complicated TV series but feel the necessity to watch something. It makes me laugh (sometimes due to stupid acting, but often due to good jokes). Anyways, I was skeptical about liking her as the protagonist for a movie that looked so good in the previews. I was not about to refuse to go (as many of my friends did) due to Cyrus' appearance; still, I would have enjoyed it even more if the actress playing Ronnie would have been somebody else.
Here are some actresses that I believe would have made it a greater movie (despite being written especially for Cyrus):
  • Emma Roberts: even though I am still debating whether her fame should be completely recognized as a personal achievement (lets face it her aunt is one of the greatest actresses of all times...), her quirky and mysterious persona would fill in Ronnie's shoes while still keeping the teen audience excited.
  • Shailene Woodley: she plays a troubled teenager in The Secret Life of The American Teenager, what better opportunity to shows that she can have a normal teen-year-old romance?
  • Dakota Fanning: I admit I am biased towards this young actress, but come on she is a GREAT actress. She has been in all kinds of movies: thrillers, dramas, action-packed, etc.; it would be nice to her in a love story.

As for Liam Hemsworth playing Will, lets just say I am very very jealous of Ms. Cyrus (both in the movie and in real life)

No comments: