29.4.10

The Joneses Movie Review

My recent boredom --due to my great organizing skills that result in no homework whenever all my friends are swamped in it (being sarcastic lol)-- has led me to the movies more than expected these past few days. On Monday I saw "The Back-Up Plan" (expect my review sometime this week) and Thursday I saw "The Joneses".
Out of the 2, I preferred the latter. I definitely enjoyed watching a chic-flick with a cute guy (The Back-Up Plan), but a quirky comedy gets my vote. Besides better acting, "The Joneses" has a real-life-like plot. Obviously I don't believe that there is a company out there that hires people to "sell a lifestyle" as a marketing strategy, but the way the movie unfolds, and the situations that happen seem almost normal. On top of that, combine the poise of Demi Moore, with the charm of David Duchovny, the hotness of Ben Hollingsworth, and the fashionable style of Amber Hearst, and what do you get?: a very entertaining family. I am not so good at movie reviews because I have to admit, I am not exactly the connoisseur. Don't ask me what's "good/bad", but in my opinion this movie is a great way to spend some free time and even works as therapy (it did for me).
With that said, I heard a friend of mine say yesterday that she would never admit to going to the movies on her own, and I just wanted to say, there is nothing wrong with it. Do it, and discover the greatness of spending some time away from everybody else. If you prefer, go watch with friends hehe... whatever rocks your boat!
;)

No comments: